The 7000 model float is the first model that Wipaire, established pros of the floatplane world, has built using the very latest digital technologies from its inception. With an eye to making some both ideological and design changes, Bob Wiplinger, company owner, and Charlie Wiplinger, vice president of engineering, gathered a team of engineers and CAD drafters who designed and built the float in unprecedented time. In an email of appreciation after the maiden flight, Charlie Wiplinger said it was made possible by, “one of the finest R&D teams the general aviation industry has ever seen and the indispensible help from our entire manufacturing and Wipaire services personnel who delivered flawlessly when called upon by the R&D team. This feat is a true testament to the dedication and hard work of our employees as we went from CAD model to flying prototype in as little as two months.”
The KODIAK, a single engine turbine designed for remote area operations, coupled with Wipaire’s sleek, rugged floats will be an unbeatable match for serious flyers desiring the comforts of home in the wildest locations. The floats are designed to resist abrasion from rocky shorelines and careful attention was paid to the float construction should an off-site repair become necessary. Other structural enhancements for the comfort and safety of its users were also implemented on the 7000 float.
Wipline 7000 Floats are available for installation on:
|Length – Amphibian||23'8" (7.20 m)|
|Height – Hull||3'3" (0.99 m)|
|Width – Hull||3'6" (1.07 m)|
|Displacement in Fresh Water|
|Amphibious Floats||6,808 lbs (3,088 kg)|
|Amphibious Floats||7,500 lbs (3,402 kg)1|
|1) Per FAR 23.751with 80% reserve buoyancy (2 floats)|
|Weight for 7000 Floats on a KODIAK|
|Amphibian System Total Weight||1,435 lbs (651 kg)|
|Amphibian Exchange Weight||993 lbs (450 kg)2|
|Aircraft Gross Weight||7,255 lbs (3,291 kg)|
|2) Exchange weight is equal to the float installation weight minus aircraft landing gear weight.|
|KODIAK Performance on Amphibious Floats|
|Engine||PT6A-34 (750 shp)|
|Take off run (land)||1,474 ft (449 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (land)||2,290 ft (698 m)|
|Take off run (water)||1,658 ft (505 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (water)||2,710 ft (826 m)|
|Rate of climb (per/min)||1,199 ft (365 m)|
Wipline 7000 Pricing
|Aircraft||Amphibious Floats & Rigging||Installation||Total|
|Quest KODIAK 100||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing||Call for Pricing|
- All amphibious floats include landing gear advisory system.
- Float rigging and FAA STC paperwork included.
- Float paint option:
- Overall base color to match aircraft is included.
- Two trim colors to match scheme of aircraft is included.
- Additional trim colors quoted per color and paint scheme.
- Complex paint scheme, inboard and bottom painting of floats, please call for pricing.
- Paint information and paint scheme will be requested at the time of deposit. If paint colors are not provided, we will match colors to the best of our ability, but will not guarantee 100% match or a definite delivery date.
- Customer choice of polyurethane or silver-gray submersion paint is included. There is no paint warranty for polyurethane floats stored in water for extended periods.
- Quest Service Notice SN-025, Rev. A or later, Gross Weight Increase, required for float installation.
Prices in U.S. dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective for floats quoted after December 1, 2017.