2002 Turbine Conversion DHC-2 MK I Turbo Beaver
Wipaire Boss Turbo Beaver conversion completed in 2002, less than 500 hours since conversion/rebuild. All fuselage skins and control surfaces reskinned, all high stress points were checked, photos of rebuild available upon request! Extended baggage, Sealand Alaskan Door, Wipline 6100 amphibious Floats, WX Radar, Skywatch, G530W/G430W, always hangered!
A word about Wipaire’s Boss Beaver Conversion:
The “Boss Beaver” has significant greater performance and speed over the MK III Turbo Beaver with unmatched performance, less than 1000 ft water take off at full gross @ 6100 lbs, with a rate of climb greater than 1000 fpm!
The gross weight has been increased to 6100 lbs, which is 100 lbs larger than MK III gross weight of 6000 lbs. The Boss Beaver also weighs less due to the larger tail and longer cabin in the heavier MK III Beaver. Modernized fuel system relocated from the belly to the redesigned in the thicker skin/reinforced wings, 205 US gallons of useable fuel designed after the Caravan Fuel system, a simple on/off style. The wings also have a reinforced spar and flow generators improving the aileron authority at lower speeds. Located at KSGS, Fleming Field – South Saint Paul, MN.
|Make & Model:||de Havilland DHC-2 M K I|
425 Hrs TT Since Rebuild by Wipaire
Pratt & Whitney PT6A-27
1,753 Hrs SMOH
425 Hrs SHSI (Standard Aero 2002)
Hartzell 3 Blade Propeller (2013)
28 Hrs SPOH
Modifications & Conversions
Wipaire Boss Beaver Conversion
- Rebuilt by Wipaire 2002
- All fuselage and control skins replaced at time of conversion!
- PT6-27 650 HP
- Wet Wing 227.5 fuel capacity
- Wipline 6100 Amphibious Floats
- Lake & Air Landing Gear Advisory System
- Electric Flaps
- Sealand Alaska Door
- Extended Rear Cabin w/ Extended Baggage + Additional Cabin Window
- Lifetime Struts
- Flow Energizers
- Bleed Air Heat
- Electric Pitch & Trim
- Yaw Damper
- Dual Yokes
- Skylight Windows
- Precision Pulse Lites
- Garmin GNS 530W Nav/Com/GPS WAAS
- Garmin GNS 430W Nav/Com/GPS WAAS
- SKY 497 Skywatch TAWS
- Garmin 340 Audio Panel
- Garmin 327 digital Transponder – Mode C
- GDL 69A XM WX/ Radio-Data Link Subscription Required
- STEC 50 Auto Pilot -Yaw Dampner/GPSS Steering
- Airborne 2000 WX Radar
- Bendix King KCS-55A H.S.I
- Marine Radio-ICOM IC-M502A
- Uniden Depth Finder
- Shadin Fuel Flow Monitor System
- Pilot/Co Pilot Hardwired Bose Headset Jacks
- Map Lights
- Chip Detector
Custom paint completed Wipaire, Jet Glo Marathon White, Royal blue and Khaki Striping.
New in 2002 by Wipaire. Griege coordinated interior, beautiful teak flooring, 6 Place leather interior with sheep skin inserts!