Cessna 206 Stationair
Whether you use your Stationair for work or play Wipaire can help you get the best performance, and the most enjoyment, during your flight time.
If you’ve been dreaming of flying your Stationair right to the lake then take a look at Wipline 3450 Floats. Amphibious or Straight models are available for the Cessna 206. Wipline Floats are known for both performance and durability and with over 55 years in the business you can buy with confidence knowing that we’ll still be here to support our products for years to come.
Maybe your Stationair has seen better days. With a full service Refinishing and Interiors department we can get her looking good as new. While she’s here our Maintenance team will get her running at the top of her game and with an Avionics upgrade you’ll be enjoying your air time even more!
Wipaire’s aircraft services team prides itself in providing world-class services with the most comprehensive facility in the Midwest. Having full-service maintenance, painting, interior and avionics facilities under one roof is key to assuring minimal ground time for your aircraft and simplifying the process. We also offer a ferry service if it is not convenient for you to bring the aircraft to our facility. Our reputation for quality and convenience is widely known throughout the industry.
Wipaire can get your Stationair running, and looking, better than ever. Take a few minutes to browse the tabs on this page to learn more. If you already have an idea what you need then please contact us to request more information.
Wipline 3450 Floats for the 206
Whether flying to the remote glaciers of Alaska’s Denali National Park or hopping between white sand beaches of the islands, Wipaire can outfit your Cessna 206 Stationair with the versatility you need for work and play. Wipline 3450 floats are engineered to offer rugged durability and outstanding performance, giving you the freedom to explore.
Features and Benefits
- Amphibious or seaplane floats available
- Features 200 pounds more maximum flotation than our competitor (up to 4,000 pounds for the amphibious and 4,196 pounds for seaplane floats)
- Significantly more forward buoyancy for safer and easier downwind taxiing and upwind turns
- Largest gross weight increase in the market, 3,792 pounds approved for takeoff and landing weights
- Four point strut attachment is more stable in all loading configurations, especially critical for heavy loads
- Best nose and main gear on the market, proven in the field and imitated by competitors
- Internal cables for water rudder controls
- Non-skid coated, flat top decks for safety
- Enhanced safety with Wipaire’s exclusive Laser Gear Advisory system and gear position indicator on the float deck of amphibious floats
- Two large float hatches for gear with 50 pounds carrying capacity each
- Aluminum skins and parts are laser cut and rivet holes are pre-punched so that replacement parts fit perfectly
- Replaceable wear strips on mail keel for ease of maintenance
Our Wipline 3450 Floats are also approved on the Cessna 206 with the “Turbine Cessna 206 Mark 2 Conversion” by Soloy Aviation Solutions. Click Here to visit the Soloy website and learn more about this engine upgrade.
|Length – Seaplane||22’10” (6.96 m)|
|Length – Amphibian||23’5″ (7.13 m)|
|Height – Hull||2’5″ (0.74 m)|
|Width – Hull||2’8″ (0.81 m)|
|Float Locker Capacity (each)||50 lbs (22.7 kg)|
|Displacement in Fresh Water|
|Amphibious Floats||3,600 lbs (1,633 kg)|
|Seaplane Floats||3,776 lbs (1,713 kg)|
|Amphibious Floats||4,000 lbs (1,814 kg)1,2|
|Seaplane Floats||4,196 lbs (1,903 kg)1|
|1) Per FAR 23.751with 80% reserve buoyancy (2 floats)
2) 206H (normally aspirated) has a gross weight restriction of 3,775 lbs for land takeoff only.
|Weight for 3450 Floats on a Cessna 206|
|Amphibian System Total Weight||694 lbs (315 kg)|
|Amphibian Exchange Weight||532 lbs (241 kg)3|
|Seaplane System Total Weight||491 lbs (223 kg)|
|Seaplane Exchange Weight||329 lbs (149 kg)3|
|Aircraft Gross Weight||3,792 lbs (1,720 kg)|
|3) Exchange weight is equal to the float installation weight minus aircraft landing gear weight.|
|Cessna 206 Performance on Amphibious Floats|
|Engine||IO-540 (300 HP)||TIO-540 (310 HP)|
|Take off run (land)||1,146 ft (349 m)||1,132 ft (345 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (land)||1,830 ft (558 m)||1,876 ft (572 m)|
|Take off run (water)||1,770 ft (539 m)||1,821 ft (555 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (water)||2,850 ft (869 m)||2,954 ft (900 m)|
|Rate of climb (per/min)||770 ft (235 m)||982 ft (299 m)|
|Aircraft||Floats & Rigging||Installation||Total|
|Cessna A185E, F||$104,600||$54,500||$10,100||$6,600||$114,700||$61,100|
- All amphibious floats include landing gear advisory system.
- Float rigging and FAA STC paperwork included.
- Call for discount details if the aircraft has seaplane modifications previously installed.
- Product installation assumes standard factory aircraft. Non-standard aircraft may be subject to additional installation charges
- Float paint option:
- Overall base color to match aircraft is included.
- Two trim colors to match scheme of aircraft is included.
- Additional trim colors quoted per color and paint scheme.
- Complex paint scheme, inboard and bottom painting of floats, please call for pricing.
- Paint information and paint scheme will be requested at the time of deposit. If paint colors are not provided, we will match colors to the best of our ability, but will not guarantee 100% match or a definite delivery date.
- Customer choice of polyurethane or silver-gray submersion paint is included. There is no paint warranty for polyurethane floats stored in water for extended periods.
- Pricing for models E & F assume the aircraft is equipped with a factory float kit “B” and all necessary components including steering bungee, steering bellcranks, ventral fin, tail stinger, lifting rings, seaplane rudder, seaplane prop and windshield V brace are installed on or with aircraft as the case may be.
- All 206 aircraft through model G assume the aircraft is equipped with a factory float kit "B" and all necessary components
including steering bungee, steering bellcranks, ventral fin, tail stinger, lifting rings, seaplane rudder, seaplane prop and
windshield V brace are installed on or with aircraft as the case may be.
- All 206 through model G that are not equipped with a factory float kit can be equipped with the Cessna 206H float kit at the
same price as the model H float kit.
- Rigging Kit for a 206H and T206H and non float-kitted U206 and TU206 through Model G include extensive airframe and
firewall modifications including seaplane rudder, tail stinger, ventral fin, steering bungee, and numerous brackets and steering
control parts. Hartzell landplane/seaplane propeller is required but not included in above pricing for 206H and T206H.
- If factory float provisions, hoisting rings are not installed and "V" brace (loose equipment) is not supplied, contact your sales
representative for pricing.
- Factory installed WX500 Antenna repositioning and skin mapping – $1,900 – T206H and 206H models.
- Cessna 206H, T206H G1000 software update package developed by Cessna/Garmin that enables changes in flight
parameters required to be displayed on G1000 – add $1,350
- Aircraft equipped with air conditioning, add $10,675 for hydraulic water rudder retract system (installed).
- Cessna 206 with Soloy conversion and landplane exhaust – requires Soloy Kit 766-1077-1 (contact your sales representative
for current pricing) plus $2,310 for installation.
- Cessna 206 with Soloy conversion – add $550 for installation of steering bungee bracket.
Prices in U.S. dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective for floats quoted after December 1, 2017.
Modifications for the Cessna 206
Wipaire is most often known as being the leading designer and manufacturer of Wipline floats. In reality, Wipaire has been engineering and building the highest performing and most popular aircraft modifications since 1960. We offer a long list of the industry’s finest performance enhancing modifications and factory upgrades for the 206.
Select a modification to learn more:
- Co-Pilot Door
The co-pilot door for the Cessna 206 adds an immense amount of safety and convenience for the front seat passengers of your aircraft by allowing a convenient third way of entering or exiting the aircraft.
This feature is especially desirable when docking on the right side of the aircraft in the case of seaplane operation, and it is also extremely valuable as a way to exit the aircraft in an emergency where the pilot door is jammed or blocked.
The door is manufactured from carbon reinforced composite material and utilizes Cessna manufactured hinges and latches to appear identical to the pilot door. An opera window is installed between the new door and the rear double doors. The door is comprised of an outer aluminum skin and a fiberglass composite inside, with an inner “Royalite”, formed plastic panel.
Portions of your original interior are cut and added to the inside door panel to maintain the inside decor. An armrest and grab handle are also installed. The outside is painted to blend the new door into the fuselage so the outside looks factory original.The co-pilot door for the Cessna 206 adds an immense amount of safety and convenience for the front seat passengers of your aircraft by allowing a convenient third way of entering or exiting the aircraft.Read More
Wip Tips Modification
“Wip” Tips are a valuable and attractive modification to add to your Cessna 206. There are several improvements this will bring to your flying experience.
First, the “Wip” Tip extends the wings by 18 inches. By extending the wings you get increased performance of your aircraft. Our “Wip” Tips increase the rate of climb and reduce the take off and landing distances. If you have ever made a takeoff on a hot, muggy summer day, you know how critical the last two knots of airspeed are. “Wip” Tips make a big difference in helping you on your way. At the same time it will save on fuel cost between 1 and 2 percent.
It is also important to know our “Wip” Tips increase your flying stability at low speeds as well as increase safety margins in all phases of flight. Stall speeds are also significantly reduced. There are several other improvements this “Wip”Tip modification will bring to your flying experience which you can hear about when you call us at 651.451.1205Wip Tips are a valuable and attractive modification to add to your Cessna 206. There are several improvements this will bring to your flying experience.Read More
- Hartzell Trailblazer Propeller Upgrade
The new carbon fiber composite Hartzell Trailblazer series 84″ propeller is available for Cessna T206H models in both landplane and seaplane configurations. Benefits of the Trailblazer propeller include a significant weight reduction, improved take-off performance and no RPM limitation. This propeller is truly a powerhouse that will help you get the best performance possible out of your Cessna T206H.
The new carbon fiber composite Hartzell Trailblazer series 84" propeller is available for Cessna T206H models in both landplane and seaplane configurations.Read More
- Durable, field-replaceable nickel cobalt leading edge
- Nickel erosion screen for foreign object damage protection
- Thinner blade with a wider chord for improved performance
- Designed to be quieter than comparable propellers
- Carbon fiber composition is 5-10x stronger than natural fiber propeller cores
- 19.2 lbs lighter than the Hartzell aluminum floatplane prop
- 8.9 lbs lighter than the McCauley landplane prop
Cessna 206 IO-550 Engine Upgrade
One of the most effective ways of enhancing the capability and performance of your 206 is to add an IO-550 engine and Hartzell or McCauley “Power Prop”.
Wipaire was the pioneer in this modification, being the first to recognize its true potential. It provides the ability to use 300+ horsepower continuously, if desired, to realize significant gains in climb and cruise performance. Seaplane operation will notice and appreciate the extra 150 to 175 pounds of additional thrust that the combination provides. It also promotes a “good neighbor” environment because of its significantly lower noise level.
This modification teamed with the Wipline 3450 float provide a 200 lb gross weight increase on most F and G model 206 aircraft. Call us today to learn more about this exciting product that is sure to enhance your investment and your total flying experience.
206 IO-550 Engine Kit Includes:
One of the most effective ways of enhancing the capability and performance of your 206 is to add an IO-550 engine and Hartzell or McCauley "e;Power Prop".Read More
- Mount Isolators
- Mount Bolts
- Locking Tabs
- Ground Straps
- Barrel Nuts
- Fluid Hose Kit
- Man Pressure/Fuel Flow Gauge (Exchange)
- Tachometer (Exchange)
- Paperwork and STC
Additional modifications available include:
- Flint Tip Tanks
- Hartzell & McCauley Prop Mods
|Wipaire Co-Pilot Door Pricing – Learn More|
|Wipaire Co-Pilot Door and Step||Installed $27,610**|
|With Float Purchase||Installed $26,610**|
|Co-Pilot Door Opening Window w/ Original Installation (1003160)||
|Co-Pilot Door Opening Window (1003160)||
|“Wip” Tips Wing Extensions – Learn More|
|Also available for aircraft equipped with Soortsman, Horton & Robertson STOL kits
Please specify serial number when ordering
|*White paint is included when installed at Wipaire. Other colors or paint schemes will be quoted upon request.|
|Hartzell Seaplane Propeller and Spinner for 206H**
|F3R00011 prop and D-4578-1P spinner||
|Hartzell Seaplane Propeller and Spinner for T206H**
|F3R00012 prop and D-4578-1P spinner||
|Hartzell Trailblazer Prop and Spinner for T206H** – Learn More|
|HC-F3YR-1AN/NG8301-1 prop and D-4578-1P spinner||
|** No charge for installation when purchased with Wipline 3450 floats.|
|IO-550 Engine Upgrade Propeller & Kit – Learn More|
|Hartzell Propeller (PHC-C3YF-1RF/F8468A-6R) and spinner assembly (C3575)
U206F/G sn U20602200 – U20604074
U206G sn U2064075 and up
|Hartzell Propeller (PHC-C3YF-1RF/F8468A-6R) and spinner assembly (C-4582-P)
U206B/C/D/E sn U2060657 – U20601700
U206F/G sn U20601701 – U20604074
|McCauley Propeller/Long Hub (D3A34C402/90DFA-10) (Includes Spinner Assembly)
U206F/G sn U20604075 and up
U206F/G sn U20602200 – U20604074 (when equipped with cowling from sn U20604075 and up)
|Call for Price|
|McCauley Propeller/Short Hub (D3A34C401/90DFA-10) (Includes Spinner Assembly)
U206B/D/E sn U2060657 – U20601700
U206F/G sn U20601701 and up
|Call for Price|
For Hartzell-equipped aircraft (SA1482GL-001)
|For McCauley-equipped (SA1482GL-002)||$5,110|
|IO-550 Kit Only Cessna 206
(Does not include governor)
Manifold Pressure/Fuel Flow gauge (core charge $1,200)
|STC Only – No Kit or Engine (Paperwork only)||$2,500|
NOTE:Propeller Governor (with Core Exchange) $1,680
Replacement STC/Prints $350.00 Per Set
Excluded is the Engine itself: IO-550F For 206.
|Flint Tip Tanks (FA3330)||$20,707 Installed
ALL SHIPPING COST WILL BE ASSUMED BY PURCHASER
Prices in US Dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective: December 1, 2017
Avionics for the Cessna 206
Wipaire’s Avionics division offers a full array of navigation, weather detection and communication technology. Wipaire offers avionics services at both our South St. Paul, MN headquarters and our Leesburg, Florida location. We are a certified Garmin dealer, as well as most other major brands. We have the experience and resources to transform your cockpit to glass. We can also repair any problems with your existing avionics system.
The Wipaire team will work with you to create the features you need to ensure a safe, smooth, enjoyable ride.
- Sales & installation of new custom avionics suites.
- Service for existing avionics.
Interiors for the Cessna 206
If your interior is starting to show its age then why not upgrade!
Wipaire’s aircraft interiors facility is able to do anything from small repairs to complete interior renovations, we’ll work with you to formulate the interior that fits your needs.
- Committed to quality
- Professional grade craftsmanship
- Save time! Interior installed concurrent with maintenance
- Custom design service
Maintenance for the Cessna 206
Wipaire has been providing aircraft maintenance and float installations for over 25 years. Wipaire is an FAA certified repair station.
We can complete any of your restoration or upgrade needs. From annual inspections to wing tip extensions to vortex generators to engine upgrades, major to minor, we are here to help.
Additional Wipaire maintenance services:
- On or off site borescope inspections, image capture capability for download if requested.
- Full lead acid battery service.
- Prop balancing service.
- Weight and balance service, float plane and land plane.
- Float removal, storage, inspection and repair.
- Annual service
- Pre buy inspections for buyer or seller.
Refinishing for the Cessna 206
If you can imagine it we can make it real. Paint is custom designed and matched to existing elements and can be as simple or exotic as you desire. Airbrushing art and custom decals are part of our everyday processes. Experience and intricate attention to detail are our foundation for creating the highest quality product.
- We specialize in custom requests
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Committed to quality
- Custom design service
- Craftsmanship with extensive training