Wipline Model 13000 floats are performance oriented to provide low maintenance and high-reliability for series 100, 200 and 300 (short nose and long nose) de Havilland DHC-6 Twin Otter aircraft. Efficient fluted bottoms accommodate a wide range of water conditions. Deadrise angle contour from bow to step is designed for rough water versatility and heavyweight takeoff performance.
Hull components are etched, alodined and epoxy primed before assembly, assuring that there is no exposed bare metal. All mechanical components are stainless cad-plated steel and anodized aluminum. The nose gear features a full-caster wheel mounted on a composite nose spring, which retracts into the float nose to provide a dock bumper.
Whether you are flying to a peaceful getaway, or on a mission to remote corners of the world, Wipline 13000 floats will deliver you, your passengers and your payload with ease.
Wipline 13000 Floats are available for installation on:
|Length – Seaplane||31'3" (9.53 m)|
|Length – Amphibian||32'5" (9.88 m)|
|Height – Hull||3'9" (1.14 m)|
|Width – Hull||4'3" (1.3 m)|
|Float Locker Capacity (each)||50 lbs (22.7 kg)|
|Displacement in Fresh Water|
|Amphibious Floats||12,442 lbs (5,644 kg)|
|Seaplane Floats||12,844 lbs (5,826 kg)|
|Amphibious Floats||13,824 lbs (6,270 kg)1|
|Seaplane Floats||14,271 lbs (6,473 kg)1|
|1) Per FAR 23.751with 80% reserve buoyancy (2 floats)|
|Weight for 13000 Floats on a Twin Otter|
|Amphibian System Total Weight||2,163 lbs (981 kg)|
|Amphibian Exchange Weight||1,560 lbs (708 kg)2|
|Seaplane System Total Weight||1,486 lbs (674 kg)|
|Seaplane Exchange Weight||883 lbs (461 kg)2|
|Aircraft Gross Weight for DHC-6-100 & 200||11,600 lbs (5,262 kg)|
|Aircraft Gross Weight for DHC-6-300 & 400||12,500 lbs (5,670 kg)|
|2) Exchange weight is equal to the float installation weight minus aircraft landing gear weight.|
|Twin Otter Performance on Amphibious Floats|
|Take off run (land)||1,280 ft (390 m)||1,333 ft (406 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (land)||1,770 ft (539 m)||1,843 ft (562 m)|
|Take off run (water)||1,178 ft (359 m)||1,227 ft (374 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (water)||1,886 ft (575 m)||1,965 ft (599 m)|
|Rate of climb (per/min)||1,355 ft (413 m)||1,400 ft (427 m)|
Wipline 13000 Pricing
|Aircraft||Floats & Rigging||Installation||Total|
|de Havilland DHC-6 Twin Otter||$693,900||$435,500||$55,400||$43,500||$749,300||$479,000|
- All amphibious floats include landing gear advisory system, baggage compartments, and baggage doors.
- Float rigging and FAA STC paperwork included.
- Call for discount details if the aircraft has seaplane modifications previously installed.
- Product installation assumes standard factory aircraft. Non-standard aircraft may be subject to additional installation charges
- Float paint option:
- Overall base color to match aircraft is included.
- Two trim colors to match scheme of aircraft is included.
- Additional trim colors quoted per color and paint scheme.
- Complex paint scheme, inboard and bottom painting of floats, please call for pricing.
- Paint information and paint scheme will be requested at the time of deposit. If paint colors are not provided, we will match colors to the best of our ability, but will not guarantee 100% match or a definite delivery date.
- Customer choice of polyurethane or silver-gray submersion paint is included. There is no paint warranty for polyurethane floats stored in water for extended periods.
- Wide step upgrade (cargo door steps only, includes nonskid) - $575.
- Beaching gear for seaplane floats (Kit 1003728 includes: 2 - Main Gears / 2 - Stern Gears) - $36,650 - Call for lead time.
- Baggage compartments and doors for seaplane floats - $6,300 upgrade.
Prices in U.S. dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective for floats quoted after August 17, 2018.