Cessna 182 Skylane
Whether you use your Skylane for work or play Wipaire can help you get the best performance, and the most enjoyment, during your flight time.
If you’ve been dreaming of flying your Skylane right to the lake then take a look at Wipline 3000 Floats. Amphibious or Straight models are available for the Cessna 182. Wipline Floats are known for both performance and durability and with over 55 years in the business you can buy with confidence knowing that we’ll still be here to support our products for years to come.
Maybe your Cessna 182 has seen better days. With a full service Refinishing and Interiors department we can get her looking good as new. While she’s here our Maintenance team will get her running at the top of her game and with an Avionics upgrade you’ll be enjoying your air time even more!
Wipaire’s aircraft services team prides itself in providing world-class services with the most comprehensive facility in the Midwest. Having full-service maintenance, painting, interior and avionics facilities under one roof is key to assuring minimal ground time for your aircraft and simplifying the process. We also offer a ferry service if it is not convenient for you to bring the aircraft to our facility. Our reputation for quality and convenience is widely known throughout the industry.
Wipaire can get your Skylane running, and looking, better than ever. Take a few minutes to browse the tabs on this page to learn more. If you already have an idea what you need then please contact us to request more information.
Wipline 3000 Floats for the 182
Whether your dream is to fly to the remote glaciers of Alaska’s Denali National Park or hop between white sand beaches of the islands, Wipaire can equip your Cessna 182 with the versatility you need. Wipline 3000 floats are engineered to offer rugged durability and outstanding performance, giving you the freedom to explore.
Features and Benefits
- Amphibious or seaplane floats available
- Modern hydrodynamic design with fluted bottom skins, sister keels and high bow buoyancy to get off the water quickly and perform in a wide range of conditions
- Best nose and main gear on the market, proven in the field and imitated by competitors
- Internal cables for water rudder controls
- Non-skid coated, flat top decks for safety
- Enhanced safety with Wipaire’s exclusive Laser Gear Advisory system and gear position indicator on the float deck of amphibious floats
- Two large float hatches for gear, measuring 25 3/4″ x 12″ with 50 pounds carrying capacity each
- Aluminum skins and parts are laser cut and rivet holes are pre-punched so that replacement parts fit perfectly
- Replaceable wear strips on mail keel for ease of maintenance
Benefits of the Wipline Float Kit
When you add the versatility of Wipline 3000 floats to your Cessna 182 you will gain more than just the freedom to explore! Developed by Wipaire’s experienced team of engineers, you are getting the best float and rigging kit available for the 182.
- 4-point strut configuration enhances stability and is eligible for gross weight increase options
- 2″ of expanded forward CG envelope allows for loading with pilot, co-pilot AND full fuel!
- Large chord rudder for improved crosswind operations (meeting FAR Part 23 standards)
- Large ventral fin improves directional stability to equal that of a 206 or a Caravan
3000 Floats Specifications
|Length – Seaplane||20’1″ (6.12 m)|
|Length – Amphibian||20’8″ (6.3 m)|
|Height – Hull||2’5″ (0.74 m)|
|Width – Hull||2’8″ (0.81 m)|
|Float Locker Capacity (each)||50 lbs (22.7 kg)|
|Displacement in Fresh Water|
|Amphibious Floats||3,125 lbs (1,417 kg)|
|Seaplane Floats||3,301 lbs (1,497 kg)|
|Amphibious Floats||3,472 lbs (1,575 kg)1|
|Seaplane Floats||3,668 lbs (1,664 kg)1|
|1) Per FAR 23.751with 80% reserve buoyancy (2 floats)|
|Weight for 3000 Floats on a Cessna 182|
|Amphibian System Total Weight||641 lbs (291 kg)|
|Amphibian Exchange Weight||498 lbs (226 kg)2|
|Seaplane System Total Weight||439 lbs (199 kg)|
|Seaplane Exchange Weight||296 lbs (134 kg)2|
|Aircraft Gross Weight||3,250 lbs (1,474 kg)|
|2) Exchange weight is equal to the float installation weight minus aircraft landing gear weight.|
|Cessna 182 Performance on Amphibious Floats|
|Engine||IO-540 (230 HP)|
|Take off run (land)||1,174 ft (358 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (land)||1,730 ft (527 m)|
|Take off run (water)||1,645 ft (501 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (water)||2,463 ft (751 m)|
|Rate of climb (per/min)||749 ft (228 m)|
|Aircraft||Floats & Rigging||Installation||Total|
|Cessna 180 (through K model)||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price|
|Cessna A185E, F||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price|
|Cessna 182 P, Q, R, S, T||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price|
|Maule M6-235, MX7-235/260/420, MX7-235, MT7-235/260/420, M7-235/260/420||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price||Call for Price|
Modifications for the Cessna 182
The Cessna 182 is already a great performance machine but when you need a little more we’re here to help. The 3000 float is our best known modification but we also have performance and utility modifications for the 182.
When you need to get the most out of your Cessna 182, Wipaire’s performance- and utility-enhancing modifications are up to the task.
- Boss 182 – IO-580 Engine Conversion
Our Boss 182 Lycoming IO-580 engine conversion is the most powerful factory-new engine conversion available to 182 owners. It produces 315 hp stock, and 340 hp after engine tuning by Ly-Con. Our newly designed high-flow tuned exhaust system also adds effective horsepower and a variety of propellers are available to muscle you out of the water and get you climbing.
Benefits of this modification don’t stop with stellar performance. The included firewall beef-up and heavy-duty engine mount improves not only the potential gross weight of the aircraft but also ease of maintenance by removing the awkward cross brace found in other mounts. The Wipline 3000 equipped 182 features an enhanced chord rudder that improves crosswind operations, and larger ventral fin giving directional stability that rivals the 206 or even a 208 Caravan!
Pair this phenomenal engine conversion with Wipaire’s gross weight increase to 3,500 lbs for the utmost in utility while on Wipline 3000 floats. With this combination, you can carry more than your neighbor and still beat him off the water! Compared to a stock 182S or 182T at 3,250 lbs, a Boss 182 with a gross weight increase to 3,500 lbs will beat the stock-engined airplane off the water with a 23% shorter water run. Not impressive enough for you? The Boss 182 will also haul you up and away with a 40% greater rate of climb, even when equipped with our gross weight increase to 3,500 lbs.
The Boss 182 engine conversion is available for the Cessna 182S and 182T models in both landplane and floatplane configurations.
Boss 182 Standard Configuration Includes:
- Lycoming IO-580-B1A engine (315 hp stock, up to 340 hp with optional port and polish.)
- Hartzell Trailblazer propeller w/ spinner
- 82″ Composite Propeller
- Digital engine monitor
- MVP-50 or EDM 930
- Landplane engine mount (reuse)
- Overhauled prop governor
- 60 amp alternator (reuse)
- Tuned exhaust
- New vacuum manifold
- Reuse firewall forward
- All hoses and lines
- Engine control cables
*Installation includes a gross weight increase to 3,158 lbs take off / 3,000 lbs landing on wheels.
Additional Options Include:
- MT composite propeller w/spinner – MTV-9-B/210-58
- Remarked analog gauges
- Rebuild seaplane engine mount
- New seaplane engine mount
- New prop governor
- 90 amp alternator
- New firewall forward
- All new hoses and lines
- New engine control cables
Increase to 340 HP:
The Boss 182 is already an impressive performer but for even more spirited performance owners may elect to have port, polish and flow balance services completed by Ly-Con.
Dyno testing confirms that this can increase total output to 340+ hp!
Performance Comparison on Wipline 3000 Floats
IO-580 at 3,100 lb GW IO-540 at 3,100 lb GW Engine Lycoming IO-580 (315 HP) Lycoming IO-540 (230 HP) Take off run (land) 808 ft (246 m) 981 ft (299 m) Take off run over 50 ft obstacle (land) 1,423 ft (434 m) 1,444 ft (440 m) Take off run (water) 1,189 ft (363 m) 1,392 ft (425 m) Take off run over 50 ft obstacle (water) 1,833 ft (559 m) 2,098 ft (640 m) Rate of climb (per/min) 1,290 ft (393 m) 833 ft (253 m)
Performance Comparison on Wheels
Fully Loaded Performance Data Typical Load Performance IO-580 at 3,158 lb GW IO-540 at 3,100 lb GW IO-580 at 2,839 lbs GW Engine Lycoming IO-580 (315 HP) Lycoming IO-540 (230 HP) Lycoming IO-580 (315 HP) Take off run (land) 640 ft (195 m) 795 ft (243 m) 410 ft (125 m) Take off run over 50 ft obstacle (land) 1,292 ft (394 m) 1,514 ft (462 m) 908 ft (277 m) Rate of Climb (per/min) 1,426 ft (434 m) 924 ft (281 m) 1,600 ft (488 m) Cruise Speed (80% Power at 6,000 ft) 171 MPH (149 KTAS) 161 MPH (140 KTAS) 175 MPH (152 KTAS)
(75% Power at 3,000 ft)
“Fully Loaded” VS “Typical Load” Performance Data
For FAA certification of new modifications Wipaire performs extensive performance tests with the aircraft loaded to gross weight. This certification data represents the minimum performance expected out of an aircraft loaded to maximum gross weight. In order to better represent the level of performance most pilots will see we are providing performance specs taken with a “typical load” of pilot, co-pilot, 60 gallons of fuel and testing instrumentation. This gave us a weight of 2,839 lbs.
The Benefits of the Modern Cessna 182S & 182T
There are many reasons besides Boss 182 eligibility to consider an S or T model over the older generation Cessna 182 models. Some of the benefits include:
Our Boss 182 Lycoming IO-580 engine conversion is the most powerful factory-new engine conversion available to 182 owners. It produces 315 hp stock, and 340 hp after engine tuning by Ly-Con.Read More
- Full internal corrosion proofing using the most up-to-date epoxy-based primers and stainless cables
- A modern avionics suite and instrument panel layout with warning panel
- Improved, modern autopilot (usually with altitude pre-select and hold)
- Interior seating (usually leather) with crash worthiness standards that meet the newer Part 23 crash standards
- An up-to-date airframe with all of the latest structural improvements, including wet wing and fuselage access panels
- Twice as many fresh air vents, for the utmost in pilot and passenger comfort
- Gross Weight Increases for the 182
Our selection of gross weight increases will help you get the most utility out of your 182. The 3,500 and 3,370 lb gross weight increases boast a greatly improved forward CG envelope that gives you more loading flexibility. You will no longer need to add weight to the baggage compartment in order to carry two people and full fuel or four people with half tanks.
- Gross Weight Increase to 3,500 Take Off / 3,350 Landing.*
- 182S and 182T, when equipped with the Wipaire IO-580 conversion and Wipline 3000 floats.
- 182Q and 182R, when equipped with the AirPlains IO-550 conversion and Wipline 3000 floats.
- Gross Weight Increase to 3,370 Take Off / 3,350 Landing.*
- 182S and 182T, when equipped with the Wipaire IO-580 engine conversion and Wipline 3000 floats.
- Cessna 182P, 182Q, and 182R, when equipped with the AirPlains IO-550 engine conversion and Wipline 3000 floats.
- Gross Weight Increase to 3,250 Take Off / 3,100 Landing.
- Available for Cessna 182S and 182T on Wipline 3000 floats only, requires 3-point strut configuration.
*Note: The gross weight increase requires the installation of 4-point float struts. Conversion kits are available to upgrade existing 3-point strut configurations to the 4-point design.
Performance at Gross Weight on Wipline 3000 Floats
IO-580 at 3,500 lb GW IO-580 at 3,370 lb GW Gross weight 3,500 lbs (1,587 kg) 3,370 lbs (1,528 kg) Engine IO-580 (315 HP) IO-580 (315 HP) Take off run (land) 987 ft (301 m) 958 ft (292 m) Take off run over 50 ft obstacle (land) 1,836 ft (560 m) 1,765 ft (538 m) Take off run (water) 1,257 ft (384 m) 1,241 ft (378 m) Take off run over 50 ft obstacle (water) 2,463 ft (751 m) 2,414 ft (736 m) Rate of climb (per/min) 1,048 ft (319 m) 1,123 ft (342 m) Cruise speed (75% at 6000 ft) 124.5 KTAS 15.5 GPH 124.5 KTAS 15.5 GPHOur selection of gross weight increases will help you get the most utility out of your 182. The 3,500 and 3,370 lb gross weight increases boast a greatly improved forward CG envelope that gives you more loading flexibility.Read More
- Hartzell Trailblazer Propeller Upgrade
If you fly a Wipline 3000-equipped Cessna 182 with the AirPlains IO-550 engine conversion, consider upgrading to the new Hartzell Trailblazer carbon fiber structural composite propeller.
This propeller reduces take off noise, improves take-off performance and removes approximately 20 lbs (9 kg) off the nose when compared to the aluminum prop. The Trailblazer showed a 30% decrease in water take-off at full gross, 17% decrease on land and a 10% increase in rate of climb when compared to a traditional metal Hartzell propeller! This propeller is truly a powerhouse that will help you get the best performance possible out of your upgraded 182 on Wipline 3000 floats.
The new carbon fiber composite Hartzell Trailblazer series 82″ propeller is standard equipment equipment with our Boss 182 Lycoming IO-580 engine conversion, both landplane and seaplane configurations. We are excited to now offer this outstanding propeller for IO-550 floatplanes as well!If you fly a Wipline 3000-equipped Cessna 182 with the AirPlains IO-550 engine conversion, consider upgrading to the new Hartzell Trailblazer carbon fiber structural composite propeller.Read More
- Electroair Electronic Ignition
More reliable than magnetos, electronic ignition measurably improves aircraft performance and efficiency by creating a hotter, longer-lasting ignition source that increases power output as well as making hot starts easier and reducing plug fouling. For more information on the benefits, visit Electroair.net.
More reliable than magnetos, electronic ignition measurably improves aircraft performance and efficiency by creating a hotter, longer-lasting ignition source that increases power output as well as making hot starts easier and reducing plug fouling.Read More
- Reduces magneto overhaul cost
- Increased range
- Increased rate of climb
- 1-2 GPH fuel savings
- Even greater efficiency with high altitude flying
- Wing-X STOL Wing Extensions by ART
Have your Wing-X STOL Wing Extensions installed with your Wipline 3000 or 3450 Floats!
- 175 Lb increase in the useful load.
- Cessna 182 is 2,950 GTOW Certified
- Approved on Wheels, Skis, Amphibs and Straights
Wipaire is an authorized distributor and installation center for Wing X STOL tip extensions for Cessna 180, 182, and 185. Visit www.wingxstol.com for all performance parameters and information on this great product. This modification is approved with various previously installed leading edge modifications as well as vortex generators.
Questions? E mail email@example.comHave your Wing-X STOL Wing Extensions installed with your Wipline 3000 or 3450 Floats!Read More
Avionics for the Cessna 182
Wipaire’s Avionics division offers a full array of navigation, weather detection and communication technology. We are a certified Garmin dealer, as well as most other major brands. We have the experience and resources to transform your cockpit to glass. We can also repair any problems with your existing avionics system.
The Wipaire team will work with you to create the features you need to ensure a safe, smooth, enjoyable ride.
- Sales & installation of new custom avionics suites.
- Service for existing avionics.
Interiors for the Cessna 182
If your interior is starting to show its age then why not upgrade!
Wipaire’s aircraft interiors facility is able to do anything from small repairs to complete interior renovations, we’ll work with you to formulate the interior that fits your needs.
- Committed to quality
- Professional grade craftsmanship
- Save time! Interior installed concurrent with maintenance
- Custom design service
Maintenance for the Cessna 182
Wipaire has been providing aircraft maintenance and float installations for over 25 years. Wipaire is an FAA certified repair station.
We can complete any of your restoration or upgrade needs. From annual inspections to wing tip extensions to vortex generators to engine upgrades, major to minor, we are here to help.
Additional Wipaire maintenance services:
- On or off site borescope inspections, image capture capability for download if requested.
- Full lead acid battery service.
- Prop balancing service.
- Weight and balance service, float plane and land plane.
- Float removal, storage, inspection and repair.
- Annual service
- Pre buy inspections for buyer or seller.
Refinishing for the Cessna 182
If you can imagine it we can make it real. Paint is custom designed and matched to existing elements and can be as simple or exotic as you desire. Airbrushing art and custom decals are part of our everyday processes. Experience and intricate attention to detail are our foundation for creating the highest quality product.
- We specialize in custom requests
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Committed to quality
- Custom design service
- Craftsmanship with extensive training