Whether you use your Twin Otter for work or play Wipaire can help you get the best performance, and the most enjoyment, during your flight time.
If you’ve been dreaming of flying your Kodiak right to the lake then take a look at the Wipline 7000 Float. Amphibious or straight models are available for the Kodiak. Wipline Floats are known for both performance and durability and with over 55 years in the business you can buy with confidence knowing that we’ll still be here to support our products for years to come.
Maybe your Kodiak is in need of a new look. With a full service Refinishing and Interiors department we can get her looking good as new. While she’s here our Maintenance team will get her running at the top of her game and with an Avionics upgrade you’ll be enjoying your air time even more!
Wipaire’s aircraft services team prides itself in providing world-class services with the most comprehensive facility in the Midwest. Having full-service maintenance, painting, interior and avionics facilities under one roof is key to assuring minimal ground time for your aircraft and simplifying the process. We also offer a ferry service if it is not convenient for you to bring the aircraft to our facility. Our reputation for quality and convenience is widely known throughout the industry.
Wipaire can get your Kodiak running, and looking, better than ever. Take a few minutes to browse this page to learn more. If you already have an idea what you need then please contact us to request more information.
Wipline 7000 Floats for the KODIAK
The 7000 model float is the first model that Wipaire, established pros of the floatplane world, has built using the very latest digital technologies from its inception. With an eye to making some both ideological and design changes, Bob Wiplinger, company owner, and Charlie Wiplinger, vice president of engineering, gathered a team of engineers and CAD drafters who designed and built the float in unprecedented time. In an email of appreciation after the maiden flight, Charlie Wiplinger said it was made possible by, “one of the finest R&D teams the general aviation industry has ever seen and the indispensible help from our entire manufacturing and Wipaire services personnel who delivered flawlessly when called upon by the R&D team. This feat is a true testament to the dedication and hard work of our employees as we went from CAD model to flying prototype in as little as two months.”
The KODIAK, a single engine turbine designed for remote area operations, coupled with Wipaire’s sleek, rugged floats will be an unbeatable match for serious flyers desiring the comforts of home in the wildest locations. The floats are designed to resist abrasion from rocky shorelines and careful attention was paid to the float construction should an off-site repair become necessary. Other structural enhancements for the comfort and safety of its users were also implemented on the 7000 float.
Over the years, Wipaire has developed a full line of aircraft floats for all sizes of aircraft, from the Piper Cub to the de Havilland Twin Otter, as well as over 100 Supplemental Type Certificates for a variety of useful aircraft modifications. In addition, Wipaire has expanded into other areas, including a full service maintenance department, avionics installation and repair, custom and luxury interior installation, and a paint and refinishing facility.
|Length – Amphibian||23’8" (7.20 m)|
|Height – Hull||3’3" (0.99 m)|
|Width – Hull||3’6″ (1.07 m)|
|Displacement in Fresh Water|
|Amphibious Floats||6,808 lbs (3,088 kg)|
|Amphibious Floats||7,500 lbs (3,402 kg)1|
|1) Per FAR 23.751with 80% reserve buoyancy (2 floats)|
|Weight for 7000 Floats on a KODIAK|
|Amphibian System Total Weight||1,435 lbs (651 kg)|
|Amphibian Exchange Weight||993 lbs (450 kg)2|
|Aircraft Gross Weight||7,255 lbs (3,291 kg)|
|2) Exchange weight is equal to the float installation weight minus aircraft landing gear weight.|
|KODIAK Performance on Amphibious Floats|
|Engine||PT6A-34 (750 shp)|
|Take off run (land)||1,474 ft (449 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (land)||2,290 ft (698 m)|
|Take off run (water)||1,658 ft (505 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (water)||2,710 ft (826 m)|
|Rate of climb (per/min)||1,199 ft (365 m)|
|Aircraft||Amphibious Floats & Rigging||Installation||Total|
|Quest KODIAK 100||$325,400||$31,900||$357,300|
- All amphibious floats include landing gear advisory system.
- Float rigging and FAA STC paperwork included.
- Float paint option:
- Overall base color to match aircraft is included.
- Two trim colors to match scheme of aircraft is included.
- Additional trim colors quoted per color and paint scheme.
- Complex paint scheme, inboard and bottom painting of floats, please call for pricing.
- Paint information and paint scheme will be requested at the time of deposit. If paint colors are not provided, we will match colors to the best of our ability, but will not guarantee 100% match or a definite delivery date.
- Customer choice of polyurethane or silver-gray submersion paint is included. There is no paint warranty for polyurethane floats stored in water for extended periods.
- Quest Service Notice SN-025, Rev. A or later, Gross Weight Increase, required for float installation.
Prices in U.S. dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective for floats quoted after December 1, 2017.
Wipaire is most often known as being the leading designer and manufacturer of Wipline floats. In reality, Wipaire has been engineering and building the highest performing and most popular aircraft modifications since 1960. We offer several convenience and performance enhancing modifications for the Kodiak.
Select a modification to learn more:
- Single Point Fueling
Outfit your Kodiak with Wipaire’s single point fueling system and save time. Adding single point fueling capability makes your fuel stops at airports simpler, safer and faster. This modification enables your Kodiak to be fueled by standard fueling trucks at ground level removing the requirement for tall ladders and filling tanks individually. Reduce your fueling time so you can get on to your destination faster!
- Available on floats or wheels
- Compatible with G1000 or resistive fuel systems
- Easy to use digital touch screen control panel
- High precision fuel measurement controls
- Electronic fuel level monitoring for reliable fuel top off
- Measure fuel in gallons, liters, kilograms or pounds
- Master power not required to fuel
- Pilot does not need to be present during refueling
- Eliminate the risk of TKS anti-ice system or wing damage from over-the-wing fueling
Single Point Fueling Specifications
Installation Weight 22 lbs (10 kg) Refueling Rate 45 gal/min at 40 psi Power Requirement 5 amps DC Install Location – Control in the step area of the baggage compartment near the aft left hand door.
– Nozzle is just aft of the left hand aft door.Outfit your Kodiak with Wipaire’s single point fueling system and save time. Adding single point fueling capability makes your fuel stops at airports simpler, safer and faster.Read More
- Hartzell 3-Blade Propeller Upgrade
This modification gives your Kodiak increased thrust and take-off performance.Read More
- Static thrust increases by 15%
- Take off roll on water is reduced by up to 8 seconds
- Distance required to climb over a 50 foot obstacle during take off is reduced by 400-600 feet.
- Hartzell Propeller HC-B3TN-3D(Y)/T10282NS, 102″ Diameter 3-Blade
Additional modifications available include:
- Heavy Seas Kit
- Fuel Handles and Step
- 17″ & 19″ Camera Windows
|Single Point Fueling for the Quest KODIAK (KT07A18-001) – Learn More||$49,040 Installed|
|Heavy Seas Kit3||$30,930 Installed
|Hartzell 3-Blade Propeller & Spinner Upgrade (HC-B3TN-3D(Y)/T10282NS) – Learn More||
|Fuel Handles and Step (KT07A12-010)3||$3,340 Installed
|17″ Camera Window (1006718)1||$2,380 Installed
|19″ Camera Window (1006713)1,2||$2,380 Installed
1. Add $2,280 to install if new style headliner is installed.
2. Add $570 to install for window directly aft of the crew door.
3. Requires Wipline 7000 float STC.
ALL SHIPPING COST WILL BE ASSUMED BY PURCHASER
Prices in US Dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective: February 1, 2017
Avionics for the Kodiak
Wipaire’s Avionics division offers a full array of navigation, weather detection and communication technology. Wipaire offers avionics services at both our South St. Paul, MN headquarters and our Leesburg, Florida location. We are a certified Garmin dealer, as well as most other major brands. We have the experience and resources to transform your cockpit to glass. We can also repair any problems with your existing avionics system.
The Wipaire team will work with you to create the features you need to ensure
a safe, smooth, enjoyable ride.
- Garmin G1000 specialists
- Custom cabin entertainment systems
- Perform IFR certification
- Sales & installation of new, custom avionics suites
- Service for existing avionics
Interiors for the Kodiak
If your interior is starting to show its age then why not upgrade!
Wipaire’s aircraft interiors facility is able to do anything from small repairs to complete interior renovations, we’ll work with you to formulate the interior that fits your needs.
- Committed to quality
- Professional grade craftsmanship
- Save time! Interior installed concurrent with maintenance
- Custom design service
Wipaire has been providing aircraft maintenance and float installations for over 25 years. Wipaire is an FAA certified repair station. Wipaire offers maintenance services at both our South St. Paul, MN headquarters and our Leesburg, Florida location.
We can complete any of your restoration or upgrade needs. From annual inspections to wing tip extensions to vortex generators to engine upgrades, major to minor, we are here to help.
Additional Wipaire maintenance services:
- On or off site borescope inspections, image capture capability for download if requested.
- Full lead acid battery service.
- Prop balancing service.
- Weight and balance service, float plane and land plane.
- Float removal, storage, inspection and repair.
- Annual service
- Pre buy inspections for buyer or seller.
- We specialize in custom requests
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Committed to quality
- Custom design service
- Craftsmanship with extensive training