After 25 years in production and nearly 200 sets in use around the world, Wipaire is shelving the Wipline 8000 float for the all new Wipline 8750 float. Our engineering team drew upon the successes of the Wipline 7000 and 8000 floats to reinvent this new float for the Cessna 208 Caravan.
New features and benefits include:
- Gross weight increase to 8,750 pounds on floats. This is an increase of 390 to 750 pounds, depending on your aircrafts current configuration.
- No landing weight limitation.
- Improved main gear retraction mechanism for very low maintenance and improved accessibility.
- Improved oleo design that is durable and rebuildable.
- More buoyancy in the aft of the float
- Visible, mechanical gear position indicator on the deck of the float.
- Modified hull design, with steeper deadrise angle, for improved handling in rough water.
Wipline 8750 Floats are available for installation on:
|Length – Seaplane||31'2" (9.5 m)|
|Length – Amphibian||31'9" (9.68 m)|
|Height – Hull||3'3" (0.99 m)|
|Width – Hull||3'6" (1.07 m)|
|Float Locker Capacity (each)||150 lbs (68 kg)|
|Displacement in Fresh Water|
|Amphibious Floats||8,240 lbs (3,738 kg)|
|Seaplane Floats||8,741 lbs (3,965 kg)|
|Amphibious Floats||9,155 lbs (4,153 kg)1|
|Seaplane Floats||9,712 lbs (4,405 kg)1|
|1) Per FAR 23.751with 80% reserve buoyancy (2 floats)|
|Weight for 8750 Floats on a Cessna 208, 208B and 208B-EX|
|Amphibian System Total Weight||1,678 lbs (761 kg)|
|Amphibian Exchange Weight||1,142 lbs (518 kg)2|
|Seaplane System Total Weight||1,294 lbs (587 kg)|
|Seaplane Exchange Weight||757 lbs (343 kg)2|
|Aircraft Gross Weight for 208||8,750 lbs (3,969 kg)|
|Aircraft Gross Weight for 208B, 208B-EX||9,062 lbs (4,110 kg)|
|2) Exchange weight is equal to the float installation weight minus aircraft landing gear weight.|
|Cessna 208 Performance on Amphibious Floats|
|Engine||PT6A-114A (675 HP)||PT6A-140A (867 HP)|
|Take off run (land)||1,431 ft (436 m)||1,826 ft (556 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (land)||2,422 ft (738 m)||2,425 ft (739 m)|
|Take off run (water)||2,341 ft (714 m)||2,000 ft (610 m)|
|Take off over 50 ft obstacle (water)||3,660 ft (1,116 m)||3,270 ft (997 m)|
|Rate of climb (per/min)||947 ft (289 m)||1,212 ft (369 m)|
Wipline 8750 Pricing
|Aircraft||Floats & Rigging||Installation||Total|
|Cessna 208B, 208B EX||$495,200||$352,500||$50,500||$44,600||$545,700||$397,100|
- The Wipline 8750 float comes with all rigging and hardware necessary to attach floats to aircraft, boiler plate, FAA STC
documents, and POH. All provisions for a gross weight increase to 8,750 pounds while in floatplane configuration and
gross weight increase to 8.360 pounds while in landplane configuration (including STC) are included for the Cessna model
208, and all provisions for a gross weight increase to 9,062 pounds while in floatplane configuration are included for the
Cessna model 208B and 208B EX. A gross weight increase for the Cessna 208B and 208B EX in the landplane
configuration is available from Aero Acoustics. Contact your sales representative for more information. Gear Advisory is also
included with Wipline 8750 amphibious floats.
- Pricing assumes Cessna Caravan is a standard factory aircraft and is equipped with TKS, G1000 avionics package, 200 amp starter/gen, relish tray, and 3-blade Hartzell propeller. Pricing will vary if equipped with Wipaire Single Point Fueling
system. Non-standard aircraft may be subject to additional installation charges.
- Cessna 208 floats and rigging and installation charge reflects a float-kitted aircraft with seaplane rudder, 106”
seaplane propeller, inboard fueling caps, and stowed seaplane air stair cables. Aircraft S/N 14 and below not eligible for floats.
- Credit for previously installed Wipaire firewall modification (kit 1001029) may be applicable. Consult your sales representative for more information.
- First-time removal of belly pod: paint belly, relocate antennae, cap lines, wires, etc. Parts not included in removal price.
- TKS cargo pod - $18,105.
- Removal of cargo pod - $13,265.
- Removal of TKS blister pod - $9,160.
- Contact your sales representative for information and pricing on seasonal removals and installations.
- Float paint option:
- Overall base color to match aircraft is included.
- Two trim colors to match scheme of aircraft is included.
- Additional trim colors quoted per color and paint scheme.
- Complex paint scheme, inboard and bottom painting of floats, please call for pricing.
- Paint information and paint scheme will be requested at the time of deposit. If paint colors are not provided, we will match colors to the best of our ability, but will not guarantee 100% match or a definite delivery date.
- Customer choice of polyurethane or silver-gray submersion paint is included. There is no paint warranty for polyurethane painted floats stored in water for extended periods.
- Wide step upgrade (cargo door steps only, includes nonskid) - $575.
- Landing gear mirror - $685 installed (set of 2).
Prices in U.S. dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective for floats quoted after February 1, 2017.