Pilatus Porter PC-6
Whether you use your Beaver for work or play Wipaire can help you get the best performance, and the most enjoyment, during your flight time.
If you’ve been dreaming of flying your Beaver right to the lake then take a look at the Wipline 6100 Float. Amphibious or straight models are available for the MKI. Wipline Floats are known for both performance and durability and with over 55 years in the business you can buy with confidence knowing that we’ll still be here to support our products for years to come.
Maybe your Beaver has seen better days. With a full service Refinishing and Interiors department we can get her looking good as new. While she’s here our Maintenance team will get her running at the top of her game and with an Avionics upgrade you’ll be enjoying your air time even more!
Wipaire’s aircraft services team prides itself in providing world-class services with the most comprehensive facility in the Midwest. Having full-service maintenance, painting, interior and avionics facilities under one roof is key to assuring minimal ground time for your aircraft and simplifying the process. We also offer a ferry service if it is not convenient for you to bring the aircraft to our facility. Our reputation for quality and convenience is widely known throughout the industry.
Wipaire can get your Beaver running, and looking, better than ever. Take a few minutes to browse this page to learn more. If you already have an idea what you need then please contact us to request more information.
Wipline 6100 Floats for the Beaver
For outstanding performance and reliability at major international airports or in bush country, Wipaire presents the Wipline 6100 Float.
The 6100 Floats are true workhorses – yet minimal maintenance is required for years of dependable service. The floats are designed to allow full use of the new high-gross kits currently offered for the Mark I and Mark III Beaver and the Pilatus Turbo Porter. They provide similar takeoff performance to other floats, yet due to the unique aerodynamic design, they provide increased cruise speeds.
Construction of Wipline 6100 Floats follow Wipline’s performance-proven and patented formula. The float bottoms are specially fluted and angled, providing rough-water stability and heavy-weight takeoff performance. The float tops are flat for safe boarding of crew and passengers.
|Length – Seaplane||24’7″ (7.49 m)|
|Length – Amphibian||25′ (7.62 m)|
|Height – Hull||2’10” (0.86 m)|
|Width – Hull||3’3″ (0.99 m)|
|Float Locker Capacity (each)||50 lbs (22.7 kg)|
|Displacement in Fresh Water|
|Amphibious Floats||5,518 lbs (2,503 kg)|
|Seaplane Floats||5,664 lbs (2,569 kg)|
|Amphibious Floats||6,131 lbs (2,781 kg)1|
|Seaplane Floats||6,293 lbs (2,854 kg)1|
|1) Per FAR 23.751with 80% reserve buoyancy (2 floats)|
|Weight for 6100 Floats on a PC-6/B2-H4|
|Amphibian Exchange Weight||898 lbs (408 kg)2|
|Seaplane Exchange Weight||422 lbs (192 kg)2|
|2) Exchange weight is equal to the float installation weight minus aircraft landing gear weight.|
|Aircraft||Amphibious Floats & Rigging||Installation||Total|
|de Havilland DHC-2 Mk I||$216,900||$11,100||$228,000|
|de Havilland DHC-2 Mk III||$244,100||$12,400||$256,500|
|Pilatus PC-6 B2/H4||$246,100||$17,600||$263,700|
Call for Pricing on the 6100 Straight Floats – Only 2 Sets Left
- All amphibious floats include landing gear advisory system.
- Float rigging and FAA STC paperwork included.
- Call for discount details if the aircraft has seaplane modifications previously installed.
- Product installation assumes standard factory aircraft. Non-standard aircraft may be subject to additional installation charges
- Float paint option:
- Overall base color to match aircraft is included.
- Two trim colors to match scheme of aircraft is included.
- Additional trim colors quoted per color and paint scheme.
- Complex paint scheme, inboard and bottom painting of floats, please call for pricing.
- Paint information and paint scheme will be requested at the time of deposit. If paint colors are not provided, we will match colors to the best of our ability, but will not guarantee 100% match or a definite delivery date.
- Customer choice of polyurethane or silver-gray submersion paint is included. There is no paint warranty for polyurethane floats stored in water for extended periods.
de Havilland MK I and MK III
- Ventral fin and finlet kit are included in the float price.
Prices in U.S. dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective for floats quoted after February 1, 2017.
Avionics for the Porter
Wipaire’s Avionics division offers a full array of navigation, weather detection and communication technology. Wipaire offers avionics services at both our South St. Paul, MN headquarters and our Leesburg, Florida location. We are a certified Garmin dealer, as well as most other major brands. We have the experience and resources to transform your cockpit to glass. We can also repair any problems with your existing avionics system.
The Wipaire team will work with you to create the features you need to ensure a safe, smooth, enjoyable ride.
- Sales & installation of new custom avionics suites.
- Service for existing avionics.
Interiors for the Porter
If your interior is starting to show its age then why not upgrade!
Wipaire’s aircraft interiors facility is able to do anything from small repairs to complete interior renovations, we’ll work with you to formulate the interior that fits your needs.
- Committed to quality
- Professional grade craftsmanship
- Save time! Interior installed concurrent with maintenance
- Custom design service
Wipaire has been providing aircraft maintenance and float installations for over 25 years. Wipaire is an FAA certified repair station, as well as a Cessna single engine and Caravan 208 service center. Wipaire offers maintenance services at both our South St. Paul, MN headquarters and our Leesburg, Florida location.
We can complete any of your restoration or upgrade needs. From annual inspections to wing tip extensions to vortex generators to engine upgrades, major to minor, we are here to help.
Additional Wipaire maintenance services:
- On or off site borescope inspections, image capture capability for download if requested.
- Full lead acid battery service.
- Prop balancing service.
- Weight and balance service, float plane and land plane.
- Float removal, storage, inspection and repair.
- Annual service
- Pre buy inspections for buyer or seller.
If you can imagine it we can make it real. Paint is custom designed and matched to existing elements and can be as simple or exotic as you desire. Airbrushing art and custom decals are part of our everyday processes. Experience and intricate attention to detail are our foundation for creating the highest quality product.
- We specialize in custom requests
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Committed to quality
- Custom design service
- Craftsmanship with extensive training