- Can be installed on any 208 or 208B Caravan with or without floats
- Wipaire extended baggage assembly is designed as a single piece assembly to be more easily removable for maintenance access
- Doors or cargo net closure available
- Can be custom finished to match or compliment aircraft interior for an additional cost
- Multiple tie-downs to secure cargo and rubber coin-mat floor to prevent sliding
- Expanded access under cargo floor
- Compatible configurations for Divan, AC and amphibious hydraulic pump
- Extended avionics shelf kit is available to allow for flexibility in reconfiguration of avionics that may have been retrofitted in this area (i.e. ADS-B) that would interfere with the extended baggage installation
- For seaplanes with amphib hydraulic systems, the assembly is equipped with a clear cover making it easy to check fluid levels
Articles Tagged "Modifications"
Wipaire’s Supplemental Type Certificate increases the Husky’s gross weight on Wipline 2100 floats to 2,250 pounds from 2,200 pounds. This adds 50 pounds to the aircraft’s useful load, further increasing the Husky’s utility. Wipaire’s STC is available as a takeoff-only gross weight increase or a takeoff and landing increase which allows the aircraft to be landed at the 2,250-pound gross weight. This modification is available on the A-1B, A-1C-180, and A-1C-200.
More power? Greater performance? One of the most effective ways of enhancing the capability and performance of your C-185 is to add an IO-550 engine and Hartzell or McCauley “Power Prop”. Wipaire pioneered this modification, realizing its potential to really create a hot-rod of a seaplane. The Wipline IO-550 upgrade is rated at 300 Horsepower, like the standard 520, but is rated at a higher torque, giving you 8-10% better performance, an additional 150 to 175 points of thrust for seaplanes, and quieter ride. Unlike the 520, the IO-550 enables a maximum continuous cruising rate at 300 HP instead of just 285HP.
Call us today to learn more about this exciting product that is sure to enhance your investment and your total flying experience.
The IO-550D Engine Upgrade can give your 185 that extra get up and go that you’ve been wishing for.
- 300 HP Max Continuous
- 8-10% Torque increase over 520
- 150 RPM less than 520 = Greater Longevity
- 8-10% Increased Cruise Speed
- 8-10% Shorter Take-Off
185 IO-550 Engine Kit Includes:
- Mount Isolators
- Mount Bolts
- Locking Tabs
- Ground Straps
- Barrel Nuts
- Fluid Hose Kit
- Man Pressure/Fuel Flow Gauge (Exchange)
- Tachometer (Exchange)
- Paperwork and STC
NOTE: Three blade engine mount required for 185 part number 0751007-16 at an additional cost.
The new carbon fiber composite Hartzell Trailblazer series 82″ propeller is available for Cessna 185 models with the IO-550-D engine installed via Wipaire STC SA1522GL or Texas Skyways STC SA09960SC in both landplane and seaplane configurations. The Trailblazer propeller offers the following features.
- Durable, field-replaceable nickel cobalt leading edge
- Nickel erosion screen for foreign object damage protection
- Thinner blade with a wider chord for improved performance
- Designed to be quieter than comparable propellers
- Carbon fiber composition is 5-10x stronger than natural fiber propeller cores
- 14.6 lbs lighter than the Hartzell metal 80″ prop (model: PHC-C3YF-1RF/F8468A-6R)
- 3.1 lbs lighter than the McCauley 80″ prop (model: D3A34C401/90DFA-10)
Have your Wing-X STOL Wing Extensions installed with your Wipline 3000 or 3450 Floats!
- 175 Lb increase in the useful load.
- Cessna 185 is 3,525 GTOW Certified
- Approved on Wheels, Skis, Amphibs and Straights
Wipaire is an authorized distributor and installation center for Wing X STOL tip extensions for Cessna 180, 182, and 185. Visit www.wingxstol.com for all performance parameters and information on this great product. This modification is approved with various previously installed leading edge modifications as well as vortex generators.
Outfit your Caravan with Wipaire’s single point fueling system and save time. Adding single point fueling capability makes your fuel stops at airports simpler, safer and faster. This modification enables your Caravan to be fueled by standard fueling trucks at ground level removing the requirement for tall ladders and filling tanks individually. Reduce your fueling time so you can get on to your destination faster!
- Available on floats or wheels
- Compatible with G1000 or resistive fuel systems
- Easy to use digital touch screen control panel
- High precision fuel measurement controls
- Electronic fuel level monitoring for reliable fuel top off
- Measure fuel in gallons, liters, kilograms or pounds
- Master power not required to fuel
- Pilot does not need to be present during refueling
- Eliminate the risk of TKS anti-ice system or wing damage from over-the-wing fueling
Single Point Fueling Specifications
|Installation Weight||42 lbs (19 kg) for landplane and with Wipline 8000 floats
54 lbs (24 kg) with Wipline 8750 floats
|Refueling Rate||60 gal/min at 40 psi|
|Power Requirement||5 amps DC|
|Install Location||– Control at aft end of the Pilot’s L/H side console panel
– Nozzle Aft of the left hand gear for landplane
– On the left hand pylon for seaplane